Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Urquart Castle and Loch Ness

Today we got up early because we needed to leave Loch Insh. Jeannie was up at 6 this morning happy as can be. We were too early for wifi so we couldn't do much but wait for the rest of us to get ready and packed up to go. Today we visited Loch Ness and Urquart Castle. The Lochness monster museum was pretty cool showing all of the theories and evolution of the legend over time. It was kind of a walking movie. The kids enjoyed the floor in one of the rooms that acted like splashing water. At the end there was a whole bunch of newspaper clippings all hung upon the wall for us to flip through. I got to do a little shopping then. I bought a few things for Jim and his boys and Liesl and Jeannie got a few souvenirs of Nessie. I also managed a sweatshirt there because I was so cold today. I wish I had waited though until the castle because there was a much cuter one there that I really wanted more. 

Urquart Castle was a very short distance, right on the shores of the loch. It was a very old castle in ruins. The girls were both very excited to get to the castle and explore. Both of them enjoyed it very much. We got to peer out battlements and see the dungeons and climb up the towers. It was super cool. I can't wait to post pictures of the castle. It was very very windy and raining out there I almost lost my hat and Liesl got blown all around, she was not at all comfortable in the higher places.

We are now on our way to Edinburough to go to a travel lodge and do a hop on hop off and visit the castle there and greyfriars bobby. It has been raining since the castle as we are driving (we almost lost Scott and Melisa too). I have been enjoying watching all of the sheep grazing on the side of the mountains. I say out loud "look at all of those cute sheep, they are making me wool" and Liesl would say "forget about the sheep, they are not making you any wool". I will be finding myself some wool don't you worry little person. Currently we are looking for a mcdonalds since we are running so late.

No comments:

Post a Comment